Download PDF for Taking A Good Soil Sample For Soil Testing
Left-click to View PDF Full-screen
Right-click to Choose “Save Link As… “
Correct Procedure And Handling Of Your Sample Is CRUCIAL To The Accuracy Of Your Results!
- Soil Samples must be representative of the major root zone in the area of interest.
- Soil Tests can only tell you what is in that dab of dirt you send to us!
- FILL OUT Lab Form, Sample Bag and your return address on Shipping Box FIRST.
- MAP SAMPLE LOCATIONS with a permanent identification system. Future samples will be taken from these same locations. If necessary, use a GPS receiver to accurately locate sample sites.
- TAKE AT LEAST FOUR SAMPLES to make a representative composite lab sample for a specific area – even small beds or areas.
by TPS Lab© for the Ask the Plant® Program